Sunday, June 19, 2011

Morning Meditations: I Have Chosen You To Be With Me

You are scared this morning?  Don’t you know I am with you?  Close your eyes and sense My presence.  Feel My peace drop over you like a blanket.

Today is a sacred day between you and I.  It will be the day you remember that I walked with you.  You can make it happen.  We can be that close.  Others crowd around but it is My relationship with you that keeps you focused.

I am the Master of the universe, Maker of Heaven and Earth.  Where would you be but for I? 

Yet I have chosen you, just you, to be with Me.

I long for intimate time with you.  Please spend it with Me now.  Read My word.  Let Me speak to you of past glories and past stories.  And over all, My love for you through all existence.  It is the written story through all generations, ending with the story of your salvation through My Son, Jesus Christ.

Let’s make our own story.  The story of how I walked with you. 

Just you.

I am here, dear one.  I am here.


Daily Scripture

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on Me,
   because the Lord has anointed Me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.
 and provide for those who grieve in Zion-
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
   instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
   instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
   instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
   a planting of the Lord
   for the display of His splendor."

Isaiah 61:1, 3   

© Briarley Hill Retreat

No comments:

Post a Comment